Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Updated July 4th Forecast


As I am making the forecast this afternoon, I notice a trend with the computer models. They are increasing the moisture from the Gulf of Mexico and thus increasing rain chances for July 4th. If you remember back to last week, we had a chance of storms every afternoon. Some days had more rain than others. This is the kind of weather pattern we are in again. So even though I have bumped up rain chances for Friday, there is a chance you may not see the rain. Right now, I think the best chance for storms will be from Groveton, to Livingston, to Jasper. Here in Lufkin and Nacogdoches, we may see one storm or two but hopefully it will not last long. As I said in my daily discussion, I would have a plan "B" ready to go if you plan to be outdoors on the 4th. The one time we do not want the rain, and we could get a lot. Stay tuned!

0 comments: