Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting the Low Down on the Hoedown

It's that time once again. Time for the annual Lufkin Downtown Hoedown which is this Saturday, April 17th. It always takes place on the third Saturday in April and is one of my favorite events I look forward to each year.

From the arts and crafts, to the vendors, and live entertainment, there is something for everyone at this annual spring festival.

The Hoedown gets started at 10:30am with the parade that winds through downtown.

KTRE is a supporter and sponsor of this event each year and this year will be no different. Several of my colleagues and I will be situated along the "Big Slide." It is fun for the kids as they come sliding down a large blowup slide at a fast rate of speed.

Of course with every big event, the weather will play a large role on the turnout and success.

As of now, we are anticipating mostly cloudy skies with a 30% chance of some isolated showers. Don't let the rain chance scare you. The 30% chance of rain means there is a 3 in 10 chance that any community and neighborhood in the entire viewing area has a chance at receiving rain. Another way of looking at it is there is an 70% chance of no rain.

I should also point out that even if there is a shower, it should not last any longer than 15-20 minutes. By no means am I expecting a washout, just a few isolated showers here and there.

Of course, as we get closer, the forecast could change. Make sure to tune in to KTRE each weeknight at 5,6, and 10. I will have your latest updates and changes to the weather as the event draws nearer.

If you'd like a list of all the events, you can go to the Main Street Lufkin website at